Monday, September 21, 2009

Scratch

Scratch is an interesting innovation which has the potential to be used in the classroom however the difficulty in creating your own animation limits how scratch is used by teachers. It is a program which allows users to create their own animations and upload to the scratch website. By setting up your own account you can view other peoples projects. For teachers this is where you can find educational activities for students. I feel that allowing students to create their own projects may be a little to difficult and time consuming for them to benefit from the programming. I would use scratch in my classroom with mathematically gifted students or those who have advanced computer skills who need challenging. I would use ready made scratch projects in my classroom but make sure students can only access appropriate content while they are on the website.

Learn more about this project

No comments:

Post a Comment